You can download a PDF copy of Adam’s bio with contact details here.
Multimedia communicator & consultant specialising in home & garden lifestyle, sustainability, horticulture, landscape & DIY Adam is a very hands-on personality and is passionate about engaging with consumers in accessible, enjoyable, inclusive and empowering ways.
When exploring the home and garden in his work Adam likes to emphasise the achievable lifestyle and sustainable angles of gardening and DIY. He believes that a home’s garden and living spaces can, and should, be beautiful, practical and environmentally sound.
Adam’s work isn’t limited to just the home as he often delves into travel, both national and international, and takes any opportunity to explore one of his other great passions – history.
Since early 2010 Adam has operated his own specialised communications business. His freelance editorial and photographic work has appeared in quality magazines such as Handyman Australia, Better Homes & Gardens, Gardening Australia and Burke’s Backyard to name a few.
He has a strong social media presence across many platforms and his YouTube channel, that’s populated with his self-produced videos, has racked-up around 2.5-million views globally.
He has also worked with a number of major gardening industry companies on video production, marketing and communication projects.
Summary of Adam’s experience –
- Projects Editor with Australian Handyman Magazine for over two years creating garden & landscape DIY projects and travel articles for this top-selling home & garden lifestyle and DIY magazine.
Adam photographs, writes, creates video to accompany stories and regularly talks on a range of radio stations around the country.
- Deputy gardening editor with Australian Better Homes & Gardens magazine for nearly seven years authoring and photographing a huge variety of garden, landscape and travel stories often working closely on location with the Better Homes & Gardens television production team.
- Garden lifestyle TV presenter for a number of seasons on nationally televised FTA TV Show The Garden Gurus.
- Radio gardening presenter, Better Homes & Gardens Radio Show. For 250 episodes Adam worked closely with TV personalities and anchor hosts Johanna Griggs and Ed ‘Fast Ed’ Halmagyi on this nationally syndicated show (primarily FM). Approximately ½ a million people tuned into the weekly 2-hour show.
- Home & garden guest radio presenter on Brisbane’s radio 4BC. For over a year Adam spoke weekly with Afternoon Show host Clare Blake and listeners on a range of topics. It was Clare who coined Adam’s nickname ‘the yard ace’.
- Video presenter & production – for a number of years Adam has been working with major companies such as Victa/Briggs & Stratton and Scotts Australia to create bespoke video content for a range of purposes and campaigns.
- Video producer & specialist consultant for Scotts Australia. In late 2016 Adam worked closely with Scotts and gardening legend Don Burke to create a primarily video-based campaign to launch a range of new products and promote existing products. He also created a large volume of web-content for their webpage re-launch.
- Public speaking – Adam regularly speaks at garden shows around the country and at functions for organisations such as the Heart Foundation. For 10-years Adam hosted harbour cruises on Sydney Harbour for the Australian National Maritime Museum talking with guests about gardening and history.
- Norfolk Island Tour Guide – for a number of years Adam has hosted regular garden, history, sustainability and foodie tours to Norfolk Island.
- Adam has photographed garden shows around the world including The Chelsea Flower Show. He has worked as the principal photographer for the prestigious Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show and the NSW Nursery & Garden Industry Association’s premier event - Green Expo.
Adam has studied Horticulture, Sustainability, Landscape and Media & Communications. This academic background, which includes Diplomas in both Horticulture and Sustainability, combined with over two decades of experience across a diverse range of fields in the media, garden lifestyle, horticultural and building industries gives him a unique balance of skills.
Adam’s contributions to the Australian horticultural media have been repeatedly recognised by his peak industry body - the Horticultural Media Association (HMA) -
- Horticultural photography awards in 2015, 2008 and 2005.
- Received the HMA accolade of ‘Excellence In Radio Presentation’ for his work on the Better Homes & Gardens radio show.
- Finalist in both the webpage design/technology and radio categories in the HMA Laurels biennial awards.
Adam has won a multitude of sustainability and design awards for his garden designs. He is deeply passionate about contemporary sustainable home and garden design, opening up a dialogue on sustainability with his audience long before ‘sustainable’ became a buzz-word.
Outside of the media Adam’s broad-ranging experience across the garden lifestyle sector includes;
- State Manager of a large retail nursery marketing group ‘Plants Plus’ for hardware giant John Danks & Sons.
- Retail garden centre horticulturist and department manager.
- Operating his own horticultural and garden design consultancy business.
- Teaching horticulture & home garden design at Community Colleges.
- Field trainer in horticulture, landscape and bush regeneration.
Adam previously opened his multi award-winning former home garden in suburban Sydney every year in the prestigious Australian Open Garden Scheme to showcase his design ideas and share his vision with others.
With the help of his wife and young daughter he is now embarking on his largest ever garden and DIY projects - renovating and extending an entire house and creating extensive ornamental and food gardens around their new acreage home near Noosa on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
Memberships, committees and other professional activities -
- Member of the Australian Horticultural Media Association (HMA)
- Committee member of the NSW HMA for five years.
- Sat as a judge for the ‘Gardens in Focus’ photographic competition for the Friends of The Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney.
- Garden judge for the Norfolk Island Royal Horticultural & Agricultural Society’s annual garden competition.
- Garden Selector for Open Gardens Australia (Open Garden Scheme).
You can download a PDF copy of Adam’s bio with contact details here.
Garden writer, garden photographer, gardening writer, landscape writer, horticultural writer, horticultural photographer, gardening videos, photo library, how-to video, gardening how-to, Norfolk Island tour, Norfolk Island, Norfolk_Island, Norfolk_Island_tour, Garden_writer, garden_photographer, gardening_writer, landscape_writer, horticultural_writer, horticultural_photographer, gardening_videos, landscape_videos, photo_library, how_to_video, gardening_how_to, landscape_how_to